Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 - Lunch at "Laughing Buddha"

Folks..... I'm back ;)  I took the long weekend off from posting up, got some much needed rest and relaxation!  How was your Memorial Day weekend??  Did you get away?  Out of town?  Or just lounge in the recliner watching TV?!?  :)

Anyhoo - today's lunch was at a new place here in Medford called:
Laughing Buddha Rice Bowl & Boba Tea
This place is located on the corner of 6th Street and Front Street here in Medford.  The owner says he's only been open for 2 weeks now, so I figured I'd give it a shot!
Inside seemed a little empty, like something was lacking.  I just chalked it up as being a new place and he's still trying to get things under wraps.  I ordered up a "Peanut Sauce Chicken Rice Bowl".  For $5.50 you get a good sized bowl with white or brown rice (i opted for white), chicken pieces, "vegetables" (which consisted of 4 pieces of broccolii) with peanut sauce dripped over it all.

The chicken itself was a little salty; didn't mesh well with the peanut sauce.  The peanut sauce itself was REALLY good though!  Would have been a little better if the sauce was distributed evenly throughout the bowl.  The bowl was pretty deep, so be sure to fully mix together if you get this particular dish.  I'd have to give this place a 5.5 out of 10.  Still needs to get settled in on the inside (furniture, decor, etc) and the menu must be expanded from the 4 items they currently have to choose from.
:)



2 comments:

  1. thanks I was wondering about that place I go by everynight from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! The place definately has potential - i'll revisit in a month or so. :)

    ReplyDelete